Blog

Laura Whitmore and Oti Mabuse’s breakfast shows axed

Both Laura Whitmore and Oti Mabuse’s breakfast weekend shows on ITV have reportedly been axed.

While the former Strictly dancer hosted her show on a Saturday morning, and Laura filled the respective Sunday slot, kingslot96 neither shows will return this spring. 

Featuring celebrity guests and live music both programmes were named after the stars, however ITV now have plans to launch three new series in their slots. 

An insider told The Sun: ‘Laura and Oti’s shows not being renewed is in no way a reflection on them – they both impressed with their hosting skills and personalities.

‘Producers are keen to keep the slots fresh and introduce a new offering to viewers this Spring.’

Laura Whitmore and Oti Mabuse’s breakfast shows have reportedly been axed in a HUGE schedule shake up

While the former Strictly dancer hosted her show on a Saturday morning, and Laura filled the respective Sunday slot, neither shows will return this spring 

However, while Oti and Laura’s shows have been given the axe, it is believes Katie Piper will return with a third series of her chat show.

An ITV spokesperson told The Sun: ‘Since commissioning the weekend morning breakfast programmes, we have used these shows as an opportunity to showcase both established and up and coming presenters.’

MailOnline have contacted ITV for comment.  

Laura previously hosted ITV2 reality series Love Island from 2020 until 2022, and in 2023 she launched her own ITVX documentary series Laura Whitmore Investigates. 

Meanwhile Oti announced she was leaving Strictly Come Dancing in February 2022 and is currently starring as a judge on Dancing On Ice. 

Since leaving the dance show, the star has also welcomed her daughter with her husband Marius Lepure after announcing the pregnancy on her breakfast show.  

The pair announced the arrival of her baby daughter in a Christmas Instagram post but has now explained that she gave birth in the autumn.

Oti explained that her baby daughter was born ‘very premature’ and needed to spend six weeks in hospital before eventually being discharged shortly before Christmas.

An insider told The Sun: ‘Laura and Oti’s shows not being renewed is in no way a reflection on them – they both impressed with their hosting skills and personalities’

Since leaving the dance show, the star has also welcomed her daughter with her husband Marius Lepure after announcing the pregnancy on her breakfast show

Earlier this week, the TV star has admitted it was ‘helpful’ to have someone to talk to even though she knew she had ‘no time to panic’ as they focused on her daughter’s recovery. 

She told The Sun on Sunday: ‘It was helpful for someone to ask me, “How are you feeling? How are you dealing with these new emotions?” 

‘My sepsis was discovered after the birth  it’s not something that was missed, so I just want to make that clear, as I’d read it misinterpreted like that a while ago.

‘My daughter had an infection when she came out and the doctors gave her treatment. I didn’t have time to panic we were just focused on her being better.’ 

Oti explained she always felt as if her daughter was in ‘safe hands’ as medics gave her the best possible treatment.

She added that the little one had to learn how to eat alone and breathe alone  but admitted that the neonatal unit is a world she knows little about she she claimed the team did an ‘amazing’ job.

The dancer saw the ‘incredible’ work of midwives every day relied on the support of friends and family when she couldn’t physically be at her baby’s side.

The pair announced the arrival of her baby daughter in a Christmas Instagram post but has now explained that she gave birth in the autumn 

Laura WhitmoreITVStrictly Come Dancing

You might be interested in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have no product in the cart!
0
Call Now Button